Jump to navigation Jump to search
As a word, vritti means vortex or circular activity with no beginning and no end.
Vrittis of Tantric Chakras
- Muladhara: greatest joy, natural pleasure, delight in controlling passion, and blissfulness in concentration.
- Swadhisthana: affection, pitilessness, feeling of all-destructiveness, delusion, disdain and suspicion.
- Manipura: spiritual ignorance, thirst, jealousy, treachery, shame, fear, disgust, delusion, foolishness and sadness.
- Anahata: lustfulness, fraudulence, indecision, repentance, hope, anxiety, longing, impartiality, arrogance, incompetency, discrimination and defiance.
- The Vrittis by Swami Niranjanananda Saraswati: http://www.yogamag.net/archives/1996/5sep96/vrittis.shtml